Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Nails to A Cross:

"You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship," John 4:22 
"God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth." John 4:24
How amazing it feels to know that there is truth out there. Self-evident and unsurpassable. How awe inspiring, how liberating that we no longer have to search for the truths of this world. The void is gone, God is truth and how right that seems, feels and sounds. Like the declaring of a fact. We are saved from the condemnation we deserve, we are loved when it is justifiable to be cast off. Our prayers are heard for we are touched by His spirit and as we crave Him, He aches for us. Gathers around us when our hearts scream when we doubt our strength. There are not enough words, no definable way to proclaim my gratitude, He saved me from the oppression of Satan's grasp. Plucked me from the darkness and set me in the light, now at night I look to the stars inside of shadows around me. We are saved and now I can hardly recall the justifications I gave for doing the things I did. I remember my actions, remember feeling like I had no choice, was compelled to do it and couldn't ever hope to stop. I remember those things how it felt, the rushes, the crashes, the depression like rip-tides pulling me under into a bottomless pit. All my shameful deeds, everything that makes me imperfect, faulty, unworthy does not matter to my Lord. He was there with me through every conscious action but I asked He forgives and no longer remembers them. When I look back on my life and watch myself commit trespasses against my Lord it is like I am watching someone with my face do things that would make even the hardest hearts cringe. And the is the most wonderful feeling knowing their is someone out there who knows every little lie you told and every horrible thing you've done and "...has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross." Col. 2:14 This is one of my most favorite verses, how marvelous it feels to just hear it repeated out loud. Like the power and love of the Holy Spirit is washing over you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment