Sunday, November 17, 2013

break my heart Lord for what breaks yours

"You still lack one thing. 
Sell all that you have and distribute it to the poor, 
and you will have treasure in heaven; 
and come, follow Me." Luke 18:22 
How hard this would be. 
I use to think it would be easy to leave everything behind, my family, home, life and make it in the world however I could. But that was high school when I wasn't with my Lord and bitter anger ate away at me. Now through the grace of God I have begun to slowly forgive my family and old friends. It is harder to leave, to give everything now that I have something worth keeping. When I was reading this I kept thinking why would God give me forgiveness, peace, and material things if He just wanted me to leave them behind? And I realize it was because I needed to know the value of this world. I needed to see the world as God sees it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment